| Pediatric Hospitalist |
West Islip, NY * Full Time
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537-bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a Level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. We were ranked among the Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report (2014-2015), in addition to being named a Top Performer by The Joint Commission in 2014. The hospital was also cited as a top performer in eight specialties – cancer; gastroenterology and GI surgery; geriatrics; gynecology; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; pulmonology and urology. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that’s focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
As an integral member of our team, you will oversee the admission, care and discharge of unassigned patients admitted to the Hospitalist Services, as well as the private community physician’s patients as requested by the physician.
• supervising, overseeing and teaching medical students, interns, and residents while on sight
• maintaining Standards of the Department of Pediatrics
• promoting of high quality, cost effective care based on the best medical evidence
• utilizing Care Management initiatives such as Clinical Pathways, standardized orders and discharge summaries
• participating in Hospital Committees as needed
• participating in data collection to assess patient care and satisfaction studies
• making best efforts to keep current with developments in pediatrics, medical management and related areas through CME Programs, medical literature review and Medical Staff conferences
• ensuring conformity with the HIPAA and Corporate Compliance Programs and Medical Center policies and procedures for patient privacy and conducting themselves in conformity with Information Security policies and procedures
To qualify, you must be Board Certified or Eligible and trained in Pediatrics, and possess a license to practice medicine in New York State. Successful candidate will also possess strong teaching ability, BLS and PALS Certifications.
We offer a competitive compensation package. For immediate consideration, please send your CV to Michele Dykstra, at: Michele.Dykstra@chsli.org
GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
A Member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V